I started with this Blooms and Butterflies quilt for little K – hoping she’d use it for a long time. Take it with her to play dates, her grandparents’ and then college. Oh, she is four now. Grin :)
Here is where I am. Finished with the piecing of the fabric, put them together. Added one set of borders.
Now I for the next set, I am stumped
Do I use the “Yellow/Orange on white” which is on the right.. or the “White on yellow/orange”?
The Binding is going to be that dark blue on the right in the below photo. To pick out the blues in the squares.
I am more inclined on the white dominant border (the one on the right) – I think this lets the centre squares pop.
But I would love to hear your suggestion.
What do you think?
What went in
- Sizzix Bigz Die - Flower #2
- Sizzix Bigz Die - Butterfly #3
- Sizzix Bigz Die - Flower Layers & Leaves
- Fabric from Commercial Cottons on Ebrahim Street, parallel Commercial Street
- Sewing machine - Bernette 20. I used the standard Satin Stitch foot for the zigzag appliqué. Will post details on this soon
Thanks for stopping by :)