Well, here are the rest of the pages. In all I’d made 5 pages, 2 pages to wish her the best birthday, and the other three was one page each from the dad, mum and bro. I hear the young little girl loved it :) I am thankful to God I could add a little more happiness on her special day.
Cover PageThis first page is to reflect everything about this 10 yo – the dress form to reflect the little diva, the mirror like frame for the fairy tale Snow White ‘Mirror Mirror on the wall.. who is the prettiest of all!’, the crown for the dad’s little princess and the rosette to reflect the beautiful little mum’s flower that she is (and yes for the number 10 too, hehee).. and the sheet music stamp background coz she is into Western music singing. And all that pretty glitter… which girl doesn’t love some bling
What went in
- Sizzix Tim Holtz - Sizzix Bigz Die - Sewing Room – for the purple dress form
- Sizzix Sizzlits Alphabet Set 9 Dies - Bee's Knees – for the Lettering.
- Sizzix Thinlits Die - Frame, Fancy Rectangle
- Sizzix Framelits Die Set 5PK - Frames, Decorative #2 – for the sentiment
- Sizzix Sizzlits Decorative Strip Die - Paper Rosette
- ItsyBitsy – Chipboard, Eyelets
- A1 Craft Supply – Scrapbook rings – excellent prices :)
- Ranger Glossy Accents
- DCWV papers - various
Page 2 – A Rainbow Birthday Wish
I wanted a very cheerful and colourful page as the second page. I stamped the tiny little birthday stamps from Hero Arts in some light colours, then went to town with some HeroArts, PTI and Fiskars stamps.
The ‘CELEBRATE’, ‘Happy Birthday to You’ and ‘BIRTHDAY’ hand cut panels where coloured with a swish of water color. The Hero Arts cup cake was coloured by K – I used hers instead of the boring cupcake I’d coloured <grin>
Did you notice that the various elements are coloured with Rainbow Colours?? :)
- Memento inks
- K’s children’s water colours
- Hero Arts New Birthday Challenge - Kids birthday cards and Rainbow Birthday Colours.
- A Blog Named Hero - Rainbow
One of my faves in this book.. Don’t you love those sentiment panels?
Handcut the grass from a DCQV pack paper, the sky was water color ‘sponged’ using kitchen paper towel. The girl, sun and balloons were water-coloured.What went in
- Ranger Archival Ink, Memento Dew drops and water color
Please go here for details
Page 5This was meant to be from the bro to the sis.. don’t want too much mush huh! :)))
What went in
- Sizzix – Primitive Stars
Putting the pages together
- The pages were assembled the way Tejal had and also the blog she’d linked to.
- I wanted a soft feminine finish – so I chose to make the stand with Chipboard (from ItsyBitsy) covered with pages with DCWV
- I used a soft pink ribbon to hold the stand together rather
Are you still here?? :))))) Thank you so much.
I hope this encourages you to try Stamping and Water Colouring – along with the lovely die cutting. I’ve tried very hard to give you enough information on what went in – do let me know if you have any queries :) Thank you so much for stopping by.
Entering for these Challenges