My first post of the year. Thanks for the applause :)
I’d embossed some white Fabriano card stocks with gorgeous Sizzix folders and left them on my messy table for inspiration. And this is what I came up with.
I love the strip of Scalloped border from Sizzix – Border and Hydrangeas. These work so well with Scrapbook layouts as well as cards. Don’t you think?
I’m stamping a sentiment directly on the Patterned Paper – it took away the stress of adding another strip of paper.
NOTE: If you want to emboss – always stamp and then emboss :)
Once I photographed this, I wanted to see what a bit more of green can do to this and this is where I arrived at
Though the green strip adds a bit more colour, I think right now I prefer the first version. What’s your take?
What went in
- Sizzix die cut border - Border and Hydrangeas
- Sizzix embossing folder - Psychedelic Dreams Set by Rachael Bright
- Sentiment from Papertrey ink – Happy Hexagons
- Pebbles – Ever After
- Memento inks and glitter
- My staple Fabriano Elle Erre White card stock
- All Sorts Challenges: Flower Power
- Totally Paper Crafts: Emboss Time
- A Gem of a Challenge: Emboss it
- Aud Sentiments: Bingo: Die Cut, Happy and Flowers
My new year resolution is not to buy anything other than Fabriano Elle Erre card stock and Memento inks if I run out of basics. And also to craft for pleasure. No deadlines this year. What is your crafty resolution?
I got the Pebbles Ever After stamp for the roses. If you’d like to buy the other two stamps (flower branch and castle only), please email me (mail.craftyjcATgmailDOTcom)and we can talk.
Thanks for stopping by.